The 7th Annual USF Young Innovator Competition held its finalist competition last night at the University of South Florida. The ten finalists competed in a live event before five expert judges: Israel Morejon, Valerie McDevitt, Bill Green, Jenn Holloway and Sebastian Dewhurst. The ten finalists were:
- Waishy Harmon Water Spraying Brush
- Hanley Riggs Pressure Clothing
- Zachary Shinneman Highway Sweeper
- Grant Humphries Beach Inflatable Mat
- Alenna Spiro Edu-Feedback
- Avery New Seatbelt Detector
- Sanjana Srinivasan Oil Spreader
- Lily Quay Ice Bandage
- Marc Taylor Retracting Speed Bump
- Alexis Martin No Bully Bracelet
The 6th Annual Outback Steakhouse Top Trademark Award went to Waishy Harmon for her RUSH BRUSH™ trademark for a water spraying brush.
The $1,000 Grand Prize went to Alexis Martin for her “No Bully Bracelet.” In addition, she won a new HP notebook computer and HP tablet courtesy of HSN.
The runner up with Marc Taylor for his retractable speed bump for school zones earning him $500 and a GoPro 3 camera from HSN.
The third place award of $250 went to Hanley Riggs for her pressure clothing invention for autistic children. HSN awarded her a third generation iPad tablet.